Everyday Banking Account
Between the ages of 14-24? Our savings and chequing accounts for students will make life a lot easier.
Our student account features:
- 24 hour access with debit card and online banking
- No monthly account fees
- Free INTERAC transactions per month
- Free INTERAC ATM withdrawals
- Unlimited Golden Horseshoe Credit Union
- Unlimited ATM transactions on the Exchange Network International ATM system
Student Line of Credit
A student line of credit is a great alternative to a government loan.
To be considered for a student line of credit, we will need:
- Proof that you are enrolled in a post-secondary institution (international schools included)
- A parent must qualify as a co-signer
Students can borrow up to $25,000 at a competitive variable interest rate.
While in school, students can choose to make the minimal interest payments on their loan. Once the student is finished school, there is a six month grace period before payments are set-up to start paying off the loan.
The GHCU Scholarship
Are you a GHCU member heading to post-secondary studies? Or are you a GHCU member who’s child/grandchild is enrolled in full time studies? Each summer we accept applications for one of two $500 awards that recognizes student academic achievement and commitment to their school and community.
2017 Scholarship packages will be available in either branch, starting Friday June 23rd 2017. All applicants must have their completed applications returned by Friday August 4th 2017.