Products & Services
The credit union offers full-service chequing accounts for your everyday financial needs including cheque writing and automatic withdrawals and deposits. You can save on monthly transaction fees and personal cheques by signing up for our affordable chequing package.
Every day savings accounts let you finance the way you want. With no minimum balance required, interest is always being earned. Have peace of mind in knowing that your deposits are insured for up to $250,000 by Deposit Insurance Corporation of Ontario (DICO). RRSP, RRIF and TFSAs have unlimited insurance.
- Standard Savings Accounts
- US Savings Accounts
- Youth & Student Savings Accounts
- Investment Savings
- Golden Age Savings Account (60+)
Save It Up Program
Saving money has never been simpler. You can round your purchases up to the next $1, $5, or $10. The spare change from your purchase will be set aside in a separate savings account. You will be surprised to see how fast your savings grow.
Visit a branch for the initial set up.
GHCU Debit Card
Golden Horseshoe Credit Union is part of the Exchange ATM Network. This network is the only surcharge free ATM Network in Canada. To find an Exchange ATM near you, use the ATM locator.
Visit a branch and get your GHCU debit card today!
Statement of Commitment: Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada
Golden Horseshoe Credit Union is stating our re-commitment to the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada. The Code was designed to protect credit union members’ interests related to the issuance and acceptance of payment cards, and to the operation of payment card networks.
Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada
When you sign up for online service, you’re signing up for financial freedom. Check your account balance, transfer funds or pay bills, and transfer funds to another FI in Canada.
Visit a branch to set up your online service access.
To log in, click here
An automatic deposit into any account is a great way to save and make loan payments. You have the option to accumulate savings for RRSPs, Tax-Free Savings Deposits, and GIC Term Deposits. Ask us how we can help you set up a Pre-Authorized Debit.
SAY GOODBYE TO ONLINE SERVICE FEES!
When you have a portion of your pay deposited to the credit union we waive all online service fees. Pay your bills without additional costs.
We are excited to be able to offer e-transfers to our members. Here are some steps to help you complete your first e-transfer.
Steps for Completing an E-transfer
- Sign into your online banking.
- Click on “INTERAC E-TRANSFERS”
- Set up Sender Profile (fill in name, email*, mobile phone number, and use drop down menu to select how to receive notices). You will only have to do this the first time you use e-transfer.*The email that you use can not be set up as auto deposit at another financial (you will be unable to receive money into your GHCU account if this is the case).
- Click on “Send Money”
- Click on “Add New Recipient”
- Fill in the name, email, and mobile phone number of the recipient. Use the drop-down menu to choose your preferred language and how you want to send transfers (email, mobile, email and mobile). Come up with a security question and one-word answer. Click “Add Recipient”
- Use the drop-down menu to choose the Transfer To and Transfer From fields. Fill in the amount and there is a spot for an optional message.
- Click “Send Transfer”
- A second screen will pop up to confirm your e-transfer. Once confirmed another screen will pop up with your e-transfer receipt.
- Transactions for outgoing money will be held for 30 minutes before executing them. In this period, financial institutions can stop the payment if necessary.
- Follow the link from email received.
- You need to select Ontario under Province for the list of Credit Unions to be accessible. GHCU can then be selected.
- Click “Deposit”
- A screen will pop up to enter a user id and password. Your user id and password are the same for your online banking.
There are limits to the amount of money you can send and receive in a day, a week, and a month. These limits are:
|MINIMUM SENDING TRANSACTION LIMIT||$0.01|
|MAXIMUM SENDING TRANSACTION LIMIT||$3,000.00|
|MINIMUM INCOMING TRANSACTION LIMIT||$0.00|
|MAXIMUM INCOMING TRANSACTION LIMIT||$10,000.00|
|MAXIMUM SENDING LIMIT PER DAY||$10,000.00|
|MAXIMUM INCOMING LIMIT PER DAY||$10,000.00|
|MAXIMUM SENDING LIMIT PER WEEK||$10,000.00|
|MAXIMUM INCOMING LIMIT PER WEEK||$25,000.00|
|MAXIMUM SENDING LIMIT PER MONTH||$20,000.00|
|MAXIMUM INCOMING LIMIT PER MONTH||$50,000.00|